Monday, June 22, 2009

A Parade

I took Jack to his first parade on Saturday. Those who know me well know that I am a parade and festival junkie, so I'm trying to train him young so he'll want to come with me to fun events unlike his party pooper father (just kidding sweetheart! :) I had helped coordinate it for South Jordan this year, so I especailly wanted to go and it was great.

Jack fell asleep on our way there so he missed the first half, but then he woke up and had a pretty good time. As soon as the last entry went by he finally started to wave which made me laugh.

His favorite part? Yep - the candy. He liked the crinkly wrappers, tossing things around, and banging them together. I'm hoping he'll do better on the 4th when he's got cousins to show him how it's really done.

Other than that we've just been packing our house and getting ready to move. We're also trying to get things ready for the Intermountain Healing Hearts Family Picnic this Saturday. I'm in charge and hoping I've got everything ready. We can't wait to see all our heart buddies.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. He is standing and loving parades?! You are a heart hero Jack man!

Aimee, we will miss you guys at the picnic on Saturday. Looks like our plans are going to keep us far away right now. I am sure that your efforts will pay off and the event will be wonderful!

Gwen said...

Wow, you are one busy mama! Hope your picnic goes well and we can't wait to see you next week!!

The Hood's said...

What a rock star! Way to go Jack! He is darling and getting so big! We are so sorry to miss the picnic this Saturday. We will be out of town.:( I was so looking forward to seeing and finally meeting you guys. Oh well, there always August right?!

Me said...

Hello. We are so excited for Saturday. I have not heard from the lady about the heart contest. If you get this message will you email and let me know what the play is. That would be great. Thanks so much

Chico Glass Cutting said...

Apprecciate your blog post