Monday, November 23, 2009

Ode to my husband

You know you’ve married a good man when he offers (without even being asked) to skip the last home Utah football game of the season and take your sick child to the doctor (even though it made both of them cry) and stay home with him so you don’t have to cancel your plans.

Yep, that Hardy, he’s a keeper.

Jack is finally feeling better today. When I called the doctor Saturday to see if miserable fevers were a normal reaction to the Synegis shot she said "no" and had us bring him in so they could test for influenza. It came back negative, so did the strep test. So, we've just been waiting it out and by the amount of trouble he's been getting into this morning, I can confidently say that I think he's much better.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Maybe it was some fluke bug?? In any case, I am impressed that Hardy skipped the football game. What a guy!

Becky said...

He really is awesome. I'm really glad you didn't have to cancel your plans. That was really fun! Let's plan something again for January.

mom said...

I'm glad that Jack is feeling better now. We already knew Hardy was a keeper--that's a big sacrifice for him but he know syou and Jack are totally worth it. Love you all!

Daisie said...

That Hardy is a keeper! Be sure to give him a big pat on the back from me! That is a true sacrifice on his part! So glad little Jack is starting to be more himself!!

likeschocolate said...

What a great husband you have! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope he feels better soon.

Becca said...

That is pretty amazing. That would be tough to give up Utah Football. My husband would do the same. Their keepers, right? Ellie just got her first Synergis shot too. That was the worst shot I ever saw her get! She almost passed out. It's good to see Jack walking. These milestones are so precious.

Becca-Ellie's mom

Jenny H said...

I don't know you at all, and stumbled upon your blog. I have a three year old son with a rare chromosomal abnormality (Ring 18 syndrome) and he reacted terribly to the Synegis shots each time he recieved him the first year. We finally stopped them after three months...The doctors could never explain why, but it was if he had the flu/rsv each time for a week afterwards.
Your family is amazing. Thanks for sharing your story.