Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No News is Good News

Jack is having a good week. Well, the last few nights have been a little rough, but only because he's started this thing where he whimpers in his sleep at night if his binky falls outs so I have to trudge into his room and pop it back in before he wakes up because if eh does wake up he gets perky and wants to stay up. Last night in my sleepy stupor I kept thinking his whimpering meant he was hungry and I would get a bottle ready and try to feed him, but he wasn't hungry so he kept fighting it until I'd just put in his binky and he'd fall right to sleep. Crazy kid. It's hard to be too unhappy with snuggles, even in the middle of the night.

Last Thursday Jack and I met my mom and sister and her kids at Gardner Village to see the witches. It was "Wee Witches Weekend" so there were lots of kids in their Halloween Costumes running around. Very cute. Luckily I had Jack dressed up in a cute halloween outfit so we blended nicely. Of course he slept most of the time in his stroller, but when he did wake up he was so good and just looked around at all the sights. It was so nice for me to get out of the house. And my niece and nephew thought it was pretty cool to have Jack there with them. We then took Jack on his first picnic to the park. He did great and was so nice up until the last 5 minutes, but by that time he was ready for a nap so who can blame him.

Jack's poor little bloody nose is doing a little better these days. Thanks to a heart mom I discovered that they have humidifiers that can attach to the oxygen. I had to call my pediatrician and get a perscription, which seems kind of lame to me, but the humidifier finally arrived and ever since we started using it he hasn't been waking up quite as stuffy or as bloody.

Friday is Jack's first echo since his surgery. I'm trying not to be nervous, but I can't help but worry that they are going to come out and tell us that things aren't looking as good as I like to think they are. We'll deal with whatever comes though. This is where faith and prayers keep me thinking positively. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for Jack, even if I don't uderstand it at times.

4 comments:

mom said...

I'm glad you and Jack were able to enjoy the witches and get out of the house. It's nice that you haven't had much to report. We like it nice an peaceful at your house. Jack is always in our prayers and we will be thinking of you on Friday hoping for the best.

Anonymous said...

It is with something less than maternal goodwill that I crawl, asleep and annoyed, from my coveted bed to silence your angry screams violating the night. We rock in the chair that has been ours from the beginning, ensconced in Great-Grandmother's crocheted afgan and a ghostly green light from the VCR. Mute now, but for pitiful, periodic whimpers, you cling to me like some abandoned creature reclaimed. Clinging back, I am Every Mother, an all-knowing, all-loving, all bestowing, all-forgiving paragon of matriarchal perfection. Feeling your sweet, soundless breaths tease the tangled hair on the back of my neck, the last trace of irritation over interrupted sleep swiftly dissipates in a hug, a kiss, and a smile. You will never remember these tender midnight moments together, I will never forget.

Poem by: Jane Jaudon Ferrer
I Am The Mother of Sons

Daisie said...

What a fun outing!! I love the Witches at Gardner Village! I hear you on getting out of the house, it is amazing the difference it makes! We will keep our fingers crossed for great echo results!!!

One Happy Heart Family said...

That is so fun you got to go out with Jack. I am waiting for the day we get to go out(I should say DARE to go out). I hope all goes great for the echo on Friday its okay to be nervous I know I am always on the verge of tears at every appt. That is so good you found out about the humidifier too I bet Jack is happier without the oxygen irratating his nose.