Monday, October 13, 2008

What a nice baby

After a busy night of visiting grandparents last night, Jack decided he was wiped out and slept in until almost 9:00 this morning, only waking up twice in the night. It was so nice! Too bad he didn't notifty me in advance so I could sleep in myself rather than get up at 6:00. Oh well. I hope it is a trend he continues. He wakes up a very happy baby when he gets so much sleep and has been talking all day.

The sad thing is that his cannula (the tube in his nose) is very irritating and makes his nose dry and he always tries to get it out by violently wiping his face on my shoulder. The result is that the inside of his nose is sore. I was trying to suck out a booger last night so he could breathe better before bedtime and it started to bleed. It was so sad. I don't mind his screams when he's trying to avoid getting boogers sucked out - babies do that. But sore bleeding noses that you then have to stick a big plastic tube back into is not fun at all. Darn oxygen. Oh, how I hope his next surgery makes it so he doesn't need it anymore.

1 comment:

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

Do you have a humidifier on your oxygen? We got one and it really helped with the bleeding and soreness! Looks like he is doing well, miss you guys!
Heart Hugs