Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sweet Angel Avery

Yesterday afternoon our heart friends welcomed their little girl Avery to the world, and last evening she returned to the loving arms of our Heavenly Father. I have grown to truly love this sweet girl and her mother as we’ve talked and emailed in preparation for Avery’s arrival. Every scary step of the way she was so filled with hope and a positive outlook. I was sure that in a few years Avery and Jack would be getting into all kinds of trouble together at Heart Camp. My heart is completely broken for them. I am at a loss for words and am instead filled with tears.

It’s times like this when I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of the gospel of Jesus Christ and eternal families. It doesn’t take away the ache and sorrow of the moment, but it brings peace knowing that her mission was fulfilled and she will be reunited with her family again someday. It is so hard to understand sometimes, but I know that Heavenly Father sees the end from the beginning.

3 comments:

mom said...

Oh no. So much heart ache for these precious little ones. I'm sorry you've lost another friend.

Amy said...

I hope all of your friends know about "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep." If you don't...it's an organization that my friend runs, and they take BEAUTIFUL professional pictures of these babies after they are first born, at no cost to the families.
If you need more information, email me @ trentamy@xmission.com.

Jill said...

My heart just ACHES for these families! I'm hugging my girls ever so tightly these days.