Thursday, March 26, 2009

Three Years and Counting

Three years ago today my sweet Hardy and I sealed the deal for time and all eternity. We spent the first two years playing, laughing, seeing the world and enjoying each others company. This past year has had a few more tears and a lot fewer trips (unless you count visits to the hospital), but has definitely brought us closer and happier than I ever thought possible. I am so grateful to have this good man by my side as we face the challenges of life. Together we are better, smarter, and stronger than we could ever be alone.

Tonight we plan to celebrate and go on a real date together, which means Jack gets to have his first babysitter (other than a grandma). Jack will most likely sleep the whole time and not even know we were gone, but this is a big milestone for mom and dad. We've got the cream of the crop coming to stay with him though (thanks Kat!), so we might even take our time and have dessert.

2 comments:

Patty and Kevin said...

Congrats! And I'm happy you get to go on a real date! We have yet to get a real babysitter for Laurie... tell me how it goes and perhaps it will inspire us to take that big step!

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary! Please come visit on Monday! I too would love to meet you guys! :)