Wednesday, May 9, 2012

He's Fine

We had a little scare this morning, but everything is fine.  Jack started complaining that his side really hurt and it was hard to breathe. It made me nervous since a frequent complication of this surgery he had is pleural effusions which is a build up of fluid around the lungs.  I called the Nurse Practitioner at Primary's and she recommended that I take him to the Riverton Hospital for a chest xray.  I took Ty to a neighbor (thanks Heidi and Brandon!) and Jack and I went to the hospital. Jack was very brave, and afterward requested that we go get a cheeseburger at Wendy's, a very good sign that there was nothing wrong. He ate a good lunch and a little while later cardiology called and said everything looked fine.   Whew!

He has been happy and running around like the silly little boy that he is ever since. He is currently squirting his car (and my house, and occasionally his brother) with the hose in the back yard.  From time to time he needs to sit down and take a break, but that's a-ok. He's still mastering the skill of getting around the house with his oxygen cord without getting tangled, but he's being surprisingly good to keep it on.

2 comments:

Angee and Thom said...

that is awesomeness

mom said...

I'm so happy to hear that all is well and he is having some fun again.