Friday, September 12, 2008

Toys and Smiles

Not much to report today other than I think he's having a growth spurt since he ate and slept a ton today. Can't complain about that.

Tomorrow is his last day on his lasix so after that we'll be down to just a few medications - asprin once a day, reglin 4 times a day, and zantac twice a day. It's almost harder to remember to give them to him now that he's not taking as much. His chest is feeling much better and he now will let me hold him up on my shoulder to burp him. I even strapped him into the Baby Bjorn (thanks Gwen) tonight and we took him to another Olympus football game (well, part of it anyway). He did really well and just snuggled up and slept though most of it. He's even starting to get the hang of the car seat now that toys are starting to be more interesting to him. I went through all the toys we got from showers today and pulled the tags and wrappers off and hung them in the car seat adn stashed them throughout the house. They don't hold his interest very long as he seems to prefer looking at the artwork on my walls, but he's getting there.

We also occasionaly are seeing some tiny real smiles. They kind of look like a cross between a yawn and a smile, but it's definitely a happy face, and he's not yawning, so I count it. If he's more awake tomorrow I'll try to get it on video. Too cute.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

How wonderful that he's looking a the toys, soon he'll start grabbing for them! It is so good to know that you're adjusting to life at home. It doesn't seem like very long ago that you were at the hospital. I hope that things continue to go great!
Hugs!!
Hollie

Brammer Family said...

I'm glad you've been able to get out and about. That helps so much.

The grocery store trip makes me so happy. :)

Toys toys toys!!!

carolyn q said...

Just thought I would check in and see how things were going. I hope that his appointment today went well.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn