Saturday, January 24, 2009

0 for 2

Jack is 0 for 2 with the bottle today. He is just not digging it. We are starting to get a little concerned but we knew that some kids struggled after surgery with feeding. It is a little surprising because he was such a good eater before his surgery. We are resigned that we are going to go home on the feeding tube and we are hoping we can slowly ween him off of that and get him back to taking a bottle. On a positive note he is much happier today then he has been since his surgery. He is kicking and wiggling and even smiling once in a while. The nurses don't seem too concerned about the eating so we won't freak out quite yet.

3 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

I think it is just surgery related. Like I said Kylie did the same thing, just give him a couple of days. Kylie still isn't herself!
I know he will be great in just a couple of days. Darn NG tubes! I hope you get to come home soon. Today?

Deanna said...

I agree with Chrissie---after Gracie's cath (a much less invasive procedure) Grace hadn't eaten like she normally did. In fact today was the first day she actually drank 60ccs in one feed and it has been two weeks since her cath.

Good luck and I hope you guys can come home soon. You guys are in our prayers.

Amanda said...

Just looked at all your updates and first of all, I'm so glad Jack's surgery went so well. I hope he starts eating and feeling better. Take care!