Friday, January 30, 2009

The Oxygen Dance

Yesterday I decided that Jack and I needed an outing that didn't include a hospital or doctors office so I packed him up and we wandered around Tai Pan Trading. Emboldened by Jack's good progress and great sats at the hospital I decided to take him without his oxygen . Yes, I took it right off his face and left it all at home.

Holy Cow! What a difference! Do you have any idea how much easier it is to get around when all you have to bring is a baby and a diaper bag? I had no idea getting out about could be so simple. I seriously almost cried with glee. No tripping over cords or getting tangled picking him up. It was a freedom I didn't know exsisted. When we got home I carried him upstairs and didn't have to dance and twirl to make sure we got to the top with enough slack to get to whatever room we were headed to. Truly amazing. I am counting down the days to our post-op appointment next week and praying they tell us to chuck the oxygen for good!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

yay, and you are brave. did it scare you at all that he would throw a fit. you are a great mom!! hope they give you the green light soon.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Isn't that an awesome feeling? I'm waiting till I can ditch the feeding pump/g-rube so people don't look at us funny when I'm in Walmart. Its wonderful that he is doing so well!