Jack had his MRI this afternoon. Things were going well until he woke up and his sats dropped. They cranked his oxygen up as high as 3 liters and he was still only in the 60's so Dr. Menon ordered an immediate echo to see if his shunt was blocked. It looked like there is still flow getting through, but it's not what they would like it to be. At one point during the echo the tech had to stop because Jack was turning dusky and was in the 40's. After the echo we got him to sleep for a lilttle while and he got back in the 80's on 1.5 liters, but as soon as he woke up he was back down in the 60's even after we turned him back up to 2 liters.
The result...they decided to admit him and we are going to see what happens over night and discuss moving up his surgery with Dr. Kaza in the morning. We may get our Monday slot again after all. This is exactly what they expect will happen eventually which is why he needs this next surgery, I guess we just waited a week too long.
I just ran home to pack a bag and head back up for a sleepover. The good news is that Kylie got moved from the PICU to the 3rd floor this afternoon so at least we have a friend to play with.
P.S. - The MRI showed that everything looked pretty good except his pulmunary arteries which are a little small, but they plan to fix that during his Glenn. Dr. Menon also said that his aorta appears to be small. He hopes that it will grow on its own since there is nothing they can do about it right now. It should be fine, but it's something to keep an eye on.
We prepare for our Warrior Princess's 5th OHS
53 minutes ago