Well, what we were hoping was going to just be an overnight stay is now a stay for the long haul. The cardiologists came by this morning and said Dr. Hawkins is trying to reschedule his surgery hopefully for Monday morning and either he or Dr. Kaza will do the surgery. (We knew that's when it was supposed to be). His sats are fluctuating so much and his shunt is so narrowed that they want us to stay here through the weekend so they can keep an eye on him.
Jack had an ok night. He ate well and slept decently, except for when they tortured him. They needed to get some blood for some tests and it wound up taking 5 sticks, plus lots of digging around to get enough. He was absolutely screaming bloody murder. Then they came in a few hours later and informed me that they needed more for another test so they had to stick him again. Then this morning the nurse felt so bad when she had to tell me that the first blood they worked so hard to get was mislabled (not her fault) and they wouldn't do the test on it and we had to do another blood draw. Thankfully though she waited until the IV team had a shift change so we could get someone decent to do it this time and they got it in the first try. Jack and I were not happy campers about all of this, and I'm sure our neighbors weren't big fans of all the screaming either.
Poor little fellow. He's taking a well deserved nap at the moment, and mom could use one as well. Good thing it's Hardy's turn to sleep on the oh so comfy pull out chair tonight.
Prom and Weekly Update
1 day ago