The Nurse Practitioner just stopped by and said that she has ordered Jackson his first bottle. They stopped his feeds a little while ago so he'll be a little bit hungry when we give it to him around 4:00. We will let him eat for 10 minutes, then whatever is left will be given to him down his feeding tube. I have the feeling he is going to be a big fan of the bottle.
We also have our list of things we need to learn before we can go home:
1. Infant CPR training for me, Hardy, and the grandparents.
2. Learn how to give his medications and what medications to give.
3. Figure out how to mix his special milk concoction if he still needs the calorie supplement
4. Learn how to put in a new NG tube in case he pulls his out and figure out how to feed and give medications through it. Ideally we will go home without the feeding tube, but we need to be prepared.
5. Car Seat Trial to make sure his stats don't go down when he sits in his car seat.
With RSV season fast approaching, we also have to learn to be very careful about where we go and about washing and sanitizing our hands every time we touch him - so if you come to visit, don't be surprised if we are super cautious and won't let you through the door if you've been around anyone who is sick.
We'll see how things go with the feeding, but it's so crazy to think that we could possibly be home by this weekend. Unbelievable.
Biopsy and Fun
2 days ago