Friday, August 15, 2008

Looking Good

Jack has decided that he likes his big binki rather then the smaller one we were trying to give him yesterday. He particularly likes it after it's dipped in sugar water. Mmmm....that's my boy!


They pulled another drain from his belly today so he's only got one left which will come out at the same time they remove the RA line (the IV into his heart). He seems to be a lot more comfortable with it out and he is taking deeper breaths and sleeping more comfortably. They were planning to remove the RA line today so we could hold him, but they bumped it until tomorrow until his feeds got a little higher. It's very hard to be patient.


As you can see here, he's also got a lot less equipment. Most of the drips here are just food, a flush line, and a little medicine for his heart.

It's hard to believe that one week ago he looked like this.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Aim,

He looks so much more comfortable. I'm sure he is glad to get all the lines out of him. I hope you get to snuggle him tomorrow, you both deserve it! I don't know what the deal is with the huge binkies but babies do love them. I find after a few weeks or a month you can usually switch to something smaller. But some kids just like the soothies. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Aimee and Marc:

I have appreciated the frequent and informative updates on Jack's progress. I'm quite amazed just how much you have been able to write. Perhaps it has helped to pass the time.

Anyway, I'm glad that Jack is doing so well. We have you all in thoughts and prayers.

Jed

Brammer Family said...

Lookin' so good lil' Jack! :)

Charity said...

Aimee & Marc,

Jackson looks astounding!! I know what it feels like to not hold your son right away. But he looks so strong and healthy already. I just took (dragged) my kids and wife to a Star Wars premiere to meet the characters, and I am sure one day real quick Hardy will be dragging Jackson to something nerdy like a Jazz game to meet the players.

All the best and prayers to your new family. Looks like you have a fighter on your hands!!

Dean Johnson

PS - He looks sooooo great. It so awesome.

Sherri said...

He really does look great. Micayla loved those binkies too!! We used to have to beg for them anytime we up to primary's for appointments... but I have now seen them in the stores...

Margaret said...

Wow! He looks great. What a week! Glad all is going well. Enjoy your hold time soon.

Anonymous said...

He looks so good and in one picture it looks as though he is already thinking about what great parents he has. God Bless what a cutie.

Em said...

Wow. I seriously am speechless. I had no idea that HLHS could do this well so quickly. Wow. I am glad things are doing so well. Sounds like you will be out of there in no time! Hope you can hold him soon.
Heart hugs,
Emily